Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on April 03, 2014 at 4:20 PM, updated April 03, 2014 at 4:21 PM
- Zillow: Portland home prices pushing historical limits of affordability
- 1 in 7 Portland-area homes sold in less than 3 days, report says
- CoreLogic: Portland-area home prices up 14.6% in February from year ago
- Home sales jump in February, but snowstorm weighs down pending sales
- Millennials aging into major players in real estate market
The real estate market may not quite be as competitive as a year ago, but the Portland area is still among the fastest-moving.
A new report compiled by the brokerage Redfin found that 14.5 percent of metro homes listed for sale in March, or about one in seven, were under a sale contract within three days.
That makes Portland the fourth-fastest market of the 20 where Redfin operates. Topping the list is Denver, where 27 percent of homes are off the market in three days, followed by Austin, Tex., and Seattle.
The March rate in Portland is actually a little slower than a year earlier, when 16.6 percent of homes sold in three days.